Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ryan McGinley's Photographs of M.I.A.





Two of my favorite artists have collided to create this beautiful photo session! Ryan McGinley photographed Sri Lankan rapper M.I.A. for The New York Times. I love Ryan's work and I'm so happy to see the results of such an amazing subject.

Top Five Reasons to Love M.I.A.

1. Her fabulous lyrics including, "I fly like paper get high like planes"

2. Her nine months pregnant Grammy performance and the dress that went with it

3. Her guest appearances on Amanda Blank, Santogold, Rye Rye, and Kayne West tracks

4. Her amazing second grader in the 90's sense of style

5. Her way over the top album art that includes at least 40 different patterns and her own stencil drawings


M.I.A.'s new album will hit stores in July. Click here to read the NYT article and listen to a preview of her new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment