Sunday, October 10, 2010

The District

I visited Washington D.C. for the first time this weekend to meet up with my sister. I had never been to D.C. before so we spent the majority of our time checking out the monuments and touristy things. Although I didn't get to randomly run into Obama like I hoped, a large motorcade did pass by us and enter into the White House!






































































We also had a great time at The National Portrait Gallery and the American History Museum. My favorite items included:

Michelle Obama's inauguration dress

Abraham Lincoln's top hat

The flag that inspired the Star-Spangled Banner

Julia Child's kitchen

A Deborah Butterfield horse sculpture


A Michael Jackson Portrait by Andy Warhol


We didn't get to go all of the museums so I'll have to go back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment