Wednesday, July 27, 2011

City Hall: Philadelphia

Without a doubt, City Hall is one of my favorite buildings in Philadelphia. The unique detailing and classic style makes this structure stand out from all of the other buildings around it. Construction of City Hall lasted 30 years until it was completed in 1901. On top of the building is a statue of William Penn who founded the Province of Pennsylvania way back then.

I adore this color photograph below taken by ipdegirl. She photographed City Hall using expired Polaroid film. You can see more of her work here.


These vintage black and white images of City Hall are from the Library of Congress.

1 comment:

  1. How cool! Thanks for featuring my photo. It is a beautiful building, indeed. In fact, Philly is a lot more artsy than I remembered it being the last time I visited. Next time, I'm hoping to have more than 5 or 6 hours to snap shots of this gorgeous city.

    ReplyDelete